Tuesday 13 September 2011

Catwalk Catchup: NYFW Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2012


Another collection I was really looking forward to seeing was Jenny Packham's Spring/Summer 2012 one at New York Fashion Week. Apart from the obvious fact that Jenny Packham has designed some of the most elegant gowns I've seen in the past few years, the other reason is because one of her most famous fans is of course the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton. I don't think anyone can forget her floor-length pink dress Kate wore earlier this year - it was a different version of the one worn by Leighton Meester's character Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl. And we all know GG is always on top of the latest and greatest fashion trends and designers.



I digress…this show really didn't disappoint. The collection was versatile in the way that there was a range of cuts and colours on parade, but everything was in keeping with her classy and sophisticated style. Jenny Packham's main colours were green and white, sometimes switching to multi-coloured in the true spirit of summer. The Tinkerbell inspired dress is my favourite - I'm sure you can work out which one I'm talking about! I can definitely see this being a go-to collection for awards season at the beginning of next year. Who wouldn't want to walk a red carpet in one of these?

No comments:

Post a Comment